Monday 12 August 2013

And so begins a new round of 12wbt

Well nearly a year on from the start of my journey and I'm back on 12wbt (and back at my blog!) After a really successful first round last year (Round 3, 2012), I half-heartedly participated in Round 4- Christmas and life got in the way and hey I'd lost around 10kg and felt pretty good about myself. I started a new job in January and my priorities slowly changed- I lost motivation at the gym, I tried a new gym and then rejoined my old one. I stopped making time for myself and rather than get up in the morning I opted to stay in bed for that little bit longer. Stress at work reached an all time high and all those good habits I learned and those bad ones I had banished came back with a vengeance- emotional eating featured daily. Rather than try and deal with the reasons that made me feel like I needed chocolate I just ate chocolate. And here I am. Right back where I was 12 months ago I think. Depressed because the dress I bought to wear to a wedding next month no longer fits, as don't any of the nice things I bought myself after I lost weight and toned up. I went full circle and went downhill pretty hard in the last few months- what I had managed to maintain through to about March, blew out as I made so many bad decisions and knew it. I completely sabotaged myself and knew I was doing it.


In a spur of the moment decision last night I joined this round of 12wbt. I am not following the meal plan to a tee- rather counting my calories so as to keep a little bit of the norm in my household. I am doing the learn to run program which I am looking forward to- I think the exercise program was what I missed most, I enjoy mixing things up and hate making decisions myself, so to have something different to follow each week it was a no-brainer to come back :) I can't say I'm not disappointed in myself and how hard I worked and how quickly it all went back to the way it was. But I'm giving it another go and hopefully will relearn all the tools I need to go it on my own eventually. Baby steps.



So here I am, shouting it out to the world. I am going to kick these bad habits. I am going to eat better and exercise. I am going to look after respect myself. I am going to take responsibility for my actions.



0 comments:

 

Blog Template by bloggercandy.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir