Thursday 16 August 2012

Diarise and organise!

Today saw the unveiling of Preseason Task 6 for the 12WBT- and is all about getting organised and using your diary. I'm a major stationery nerd- I adore the stuff, so I'm looking forward to filling my Kikki K diary with all my dates. I'm still undecided on what to do for my fitness program- I was a total gym class junkie for ages but since moving a bit further from my then gym I've slumped. I'm currently shopping around for options at the moment, but just can't seem to commit to one yet.

I have started a running program- I'm following the C25k program- it's supposed to get you from the couch to running 5km in 9 weeks by doing 3 days a week of training - I'm currently in week 1 and have done 2 days worth so I'm pretty pleased with myself. I've never been a runner but decided to commit myself to being able to run 5km at the end of the 12WBT. I downloaded a nifty free app for my phone that tells me what to do- you alternate running with walking to build up stamina, and the nice lady cuts into my music and tells me when to run or walk. I figure for 30 minutes 3 times a week I've got nothing to lose but those extra calories ;) My trusty heart rate monitor informs me I'm burning about 330 calories.

I've found most of the other preseason tasks fairly easy to complete- gearing up was fun (any excuse for some new gear- my sneakers are enroute from the US as I type, hey if I'm going to be a runner.......); my pantry was fairly free from crap- I've boxed up what there was and given it to hubby to do with as he pleases; I committed to the program, to lose weight and be a healthier, happier me, now I just need to figure out how to bring my fitness fully to the party so I can fill my diary with dates! Time to get my A into G.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by bloggercandy.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir