Tuesday 28 August 2012

Temptations (of the plastic kind)

Well I'm 2 days into the 12WBT, and haven't cheated yet (unless you count only doing 8 reps of burpees yesterday, and doing them on a bench today). Totally loved the dinner last night- Cajun Fish Stew, amazing! I was hesitant, as were lots I think, but it was delish. And a recipe I'll put into my trusty book. I swapped dinner around tonight, had the soup for lunch and am trying out Mediterranean Chicken. I cut everything up for it on the weekend, so just need to bung in the chicken and we're off and racing. I was really full yesterday, usually I'm dying by mid afternoon, I'm not sure if my mind helped me out, or I wasn't hungry, but I got there. Nearly time for my arvo yoghurt now.

I've also managed to make it to the gym both days too- and followed the program to a tee (bar those damn burpees). I'm feeling a little sore and sorry for myself at the moment, I've been pretty sedentary in the past few months, so I'm rediscovering muscles that have been laying dormant. I'm on the hunt to find a cheap aerobic step so I can complete the SSS in my backyard, and not flop about the gym, but the cheapest I've seen is $70 and I'm not forking that out. My hubby has also crawled out of bed and joined me, so we'll see how long his regime lasts ;)

I told myself when I started this, that I wasn't allowed to buy myself any new clothes (bar a few workout bits and bobs) until I'd lost some weight. I might make it my 5kg reward. But I keep getting emails from all the store cards I've signed myself up for. I'm really hoping it all stays in fashion, how amazing is this sequin skirt from Sussan? And the blazers, oh the blazers out there! Online shopping really makes everything so easy, just a simple click and its on its way. But I will remain strong and keep my credit card out of harms way.


Hope everyone partaking in the 12WBT is having a fantastic first week! I hope this enthusiasm of mine lasts.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by bloggercandy.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir